CMMI-SVC Maturity Level 3 provides best practices for process improvement to improve upon the development of new services, quality of existing services, better control of schedule, costing, and efforts. It affirms an organization’s s processes for developing, managing and delivering services are defined, standardized and integrated throughout the organization.
- Higher quality product with constant quality control at each development stage
- Lower costs due to a productive and efficient process
- Established rules and procedures that encourages better communication with customers
- Organized documentation to showcase visibility of the product life cycle and development activities
CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3 requires an organization to have a defined set of standard processes that guides the product lifecycle from its conception through its delivery and maintenance (Institute, 2014), which is shown by our adherence to the Process Areas in both ML 2 and ML 3. CMMI for Development contains practices that cover project management, process management, systems engineering, hardware engineering, software engineering, and other supporting processes used in development and maintenance (CMMI Institute).
- A focus on best practice process
- Improved adherence to quantitative management processes
- Increased accuracy in cost estimation
- Improved schedule and budget predictability meeting milestones on time, with high quality and customer satisfaction
- Process improvement in the areas of project management and requirements management